Wednesday 9 April 2014

VICHY Dermablend – High Coverage Alert!




With the recent focus on BB, CC and all the other creams in between, you’d be forgiven for thinking ‘high coverage’ has become a censored phrase. The recent trend for dewy, ‘natural’ skin is fine for those born with a flawless complexion, not so cheery for anyone with a less-than-perfect base. When I was younger, I suffered with acne, and would have given anything to know about or have access to a product like Vichy Dermablend. I could bang on for ages about how well it covers, but I think this video featuring Zombie Boy (of Lady Gaga video fame) pretty much says it all. It’s worth a watch, if only to marvel at how fit he is without the tattoos (very). 




It’s also worth noting, that when I went to the Dermablend launch last week I had just handed my notice in at work. Feeling shaky and strange after so many years in the position, I decided three champagnes were exactly what I needed to calm my nerves. Post Vichy presentation, I continued my celebrations into the night. The next morning, the horrifying realisation of another workday was overshadowed only by the dark circles around my eyes. Panicked, I showered, moisturised, applied under-eye moisturiser, used my normal foundation and patted my Dermablend Corrective Stick sample around the eye area. The results were astounding. I followed up with the setting powder and repeated the process, mimicking the technique international make-up artist xxxxxxxx used to cover up a model’s tattoo at the presentation. The bags had completely disappeared! The only thing the stick didn’t manage to erase was my headache. Emboldened, I used the same product on my T-zone and achieved the most flawless base of my life. Incredibly, the results stayed true to their ’14 hour hold’ claim, and my circles and spots remained covered all day, even after a lunchtime gym trip (a desperate bid to raise my energy levels for the afternoon ahead).




Dermablend Corrective Stick 4.5g (RRP £15.00)

I haven’t tried it yet, but I feel like the new ‘Total Body Corrective Foundation’ is going to have similarly triumphant results. I occasionally suffer from body acne on my chest and back, but it’s nowhere nearly as bad as it was when I was a teenager. If it covers the way I saw in the demonstration (and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t) then I think it will cover my little white acne scars seamlessly. The product is water, sweat and rub resistant; great news for the summer. I look forward to wearing strapless and halterneck styles with confidence and my hair off my back for once. I’ll trial this one for you and let you know how I get on. I’m definitely going to put some on my legs too – It’s recommended for covering up varicose veins, scars, tattoos, stretch marks and other imperfections. 




Dermablend Total Body Corrective Foundation 100ml (RRP £29.75)

It goes without saying that if your skin is less than perfect, you’ll want to cover it to the best of your ability. Vichy offers affordable solutions with their Dermablend range and you can get it in Boots. My only criticism would be that the colour range isn’t enormous, but this was raised in the presentation, and they’re promising to expand it depending on the success of the range. 

www.dermablend.co.uk















No comments: